General Characteristics of Bryophytes
- i) Bryophytes are the plants without vascular tissues (xylem & phloem).
- ii) Bryophytes are the simplest plants.
iii) There are three groups of bryophytes
- Liverworts. One example of liverworts is marchantia.
- Hornworts. One example of hornworts is anthoceros.
- Mosses. One example of mosses is funaria.
- iv) AII bryophytes are found in moist habitat as damp soil and rocks, moist brick walls and on banks of rivers and streams etc.
- v) Bryophytes are small plants. Their size is 1-2 cm.
- vi) They lack true roots, stems or leaves. Instead of roots they have rhizoids for absorption of water and salts from the soil.
vii) Plant surface is covered with thin waxy layer, which prevents the loss of water by evaporation.
viii) They can reproduce sexually as well as asexually.
Note: Independent planning of classes . Search for material on the topic , compose abstracts , process the information received much easier by setting an individual mode of the day . However , such a schedule provides for a high degree of organization and responsibility , because the temptation to find more interesting activities is very great . Many residents of the remote corners of the country for quite understandable reasons, want to get the diploma of one of the universities of the capital or other major cities , but did not have the opportunity to move . Correspondence form of training in such a situation is an excellent find . Graduate from university , which is located in another country , it is really with the help of remote learning . Modern technologies allow to pass exams and tests , while remaining at home . Some institutions set limits on the age of students , studying full day . Correspondence department allows to receive education without these obstacles . If the chosen university is not a hostel or not can provide places all non-resident students , have to take shelter , which is free one did not give . But time students easier and cheaper – they live at home , coming to study only two times in the year at the time the session