Regular menstruation is the main indicator that women’s health is normal. However, there are cases when the monthly go more often than normal. Do I need to be afraid of such situations or there is no reason to worry?
This question can be easily answered – frequent menstruation is not a normal phenomenon, there is no way you can do without consulting a doctor.
Before you go to a specialist, make sure that the menstrual cycle is lost, analyze all the nuances of your lifestyle, then the doctor will be able to easily indicate the true cause of frequent menstruation.
What should be the frequency of menstruation
The correct cycle lasts about 27 days. However, if a weekly deviation in one direction or another happens, then this is not a reason for excitement, but a completely normal situation.
In this regard, if your cycle has a duration of about 20 days, then you do not have to rush into panic and frantically search for ways to treat your frequent periods.
This is nothing but the features that your body possesses. In addition, it happens that menstruation deviates from the schedule, there are delays when the cycle has not yet been established.
Frequent menstruation: causes
If you have frequent menstruation, then the process of its treatment should be entrusted exclusively to a professional, self-treatment, as a rule, only aggravates the situation.
But to help the doctor determine the source of your problem is in your power. Analyze that from the list below applies to you, and then, in the office of a specialist, share this information with him.
Let’s find the answer to the question: “What is the reason for frequent periods?”:
- The list of the most common causes includes infectious genital disease, so often monthly go 2 times a month. After you complete the treatment, the menstrual cycle will return to normal;
- diseases affecting the endocrine system, most of all it concerns the thyroid gland. Such diseases adversely affect the concentration of hormones of the female body, which leads to changes associated with the menstrual cycle, for example – to frequent menstruation;
- depression, stress on a permanent basis, failures in the nervous system – all this can disrupt the body’s performance, which leads to changes in the menstrual cycle;
- adherence to diets with rigid restrictive framework. During such a period, the body lacks many substances that are simply necessary for the normal functioning of the body. Excessive physical exertion can also cause frequent menstruation;
- prolonged use of medication may cause a failure of the menstrual cycle;
- uncontrolled use of alcoholic beverages, smoking cigarettes, taking drugs – all of this adversely affects women’s health. In this case, the menstrual cycle also suffers;
- if your body has experienced severe poisoning (both food and other types of poisoning), then this often leads to frequent periods;
- cycle failures are sometimes associated with changing climatic conditions or strong experiences. But as a rule, after such an organism, its functioning will soon be normalized. If this did not happen, then going to the hospital is obligatory, since frequent menstruation leads not only to additional costs for hygiene products, sometimes as a result the situation becomes deplorable.
What is the danger of frequent periods?
Frequent menstruation, of course, does not bring women the slightest glimpse of happiness, only lack of comfort, and when they are supplemented by unbearable pain, it is logical that such a phenomenon can not be called good.
But the girls, even realizing this, still try to postpone the trip to the doctor as far as possible. This is, as you might guess, a radically wrong decision. If you do not find the source of frequent menstruation and do not start treatment, this will lead to serious pathologies of the gynecological area.
All this will have a negative impact on the woman’s chances of not only carrying out the baby, but even conceiving. And besides, remember that frequent menstruation may indicate the presence of an ectopic pregnancy or a cancer disease.